The World of Fantasy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World of Fantasy

Your step into the world of fantasy!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spell / Ability: Raise Skeleton

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Angel
Historiker

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Spell / Ability: Raise Skeleton Empty
PostSubject: Spell / Ability: Raise Skeleton   Spell / Ability: Raise Skeleton Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:41 pm

The user makes a dead body without skin come back to life as a Skeleton
The user of this spell will have total control of the body brought back to life!
The skeleton will be weak in the two first level's of the Spell and then be as strong as a unit alive.

Can be used in the most maps!

I suggest that the spell is only used by either Dark Wizards, Necromancers or other kind of Demons or Shadow creatures!

Last edited by Dark Angel on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Faithful Gaurdian
Historiker
Faithful Gaurdian

Number of posts : 6
Geografisk sted : Dalaran protecting the council of archmages
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Spell / Ability: Raise Skeleton   Spell / Ability: Raise Skeleton Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:25 am

What about liches and Death knights
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel
Historiker

PostSubject: Raise Skeleton   Spell / Ability: Raise Skeleton Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 3:01 pm

I both guess and suggest that this ability shouln't be used by either Liches or Death Knights, cause:
The Lich is a powerful Undead Wizard but not a unit summoner he is using helping abilities in battle like exstra armor, life or regeneration auras

The Death Knight is like a "Undead Paladin" while the living Paladin is using light abilities and healing powers, is the Death Knight using abilities to strike fear in his enemies not really considering about his own allies! But with the personality to be the only standing at the battlefield after a fight!

But still after long consideration i mean that this ability should in fact only be used by either Necromancers or Dark Wizards and not Demons or Shadow creatures cause that Demons are more into melee combat and fighting spells and not unit or summoner spells, and the most "Shadow Creatures" are used for scouting only!
Back to top Go down
Shadespeaker
Historiker
Shadespeaker

Number of posts : 19
Geografisk sted : Underneath your bed
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Wicked cool   Spell / Ability: Raise Skeleton Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 11:32 am

I like this spell especially much. And the topic is very wellwritten too.
I like your way of explaining the effects, of the ability, down to every last detail. Never miss a point, or forget to mention anything. xO

Anyway, it's Wicked cool (as the title of this post!!!), just keep it up and we're gonna be able to publish our own Fantasy Spellbook at the end of this year.! Well.. it's mostly gonna be yours, if we don't pull ourselves together and do some serious wizardring.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1109693873&ref=name
Arch_Angel
Historiker
Arch_Angel

Number of posts : 2
Geografisk sted : Behind you
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Wrong   Spell / Ability: Raise Skeleton Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 7:57 pm

I must say that I disagree on that point, since a Death Knight cannot really be compared to a Paladin. Yes the Paladin does use light, healing, and blessings to his advantage, but the Death Knight uses fear, curses, corruption, and pretty much just death itself.

That is also why a Death Knight would easily be able to raise a skeleton, or even an entire army without a problem. They rule over the dead, they control it and uses it against the living.

But all in all, I think many classes are capable of raising the "undead" to aid them in battle, but that is just my opinion. I'm not good at a Lich's abilities though.
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel
Historiker

PostSubject: Death Knight cant Revive or Reanimate   Spell / Ability: Raise Skeleton Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 2:00 pm

In Warcraft:
The only reason why Arthas as an Undead Hero has the reanimate ability is because that he is the Champion, "The chosen one" by the Lich King. Normally Death Knight dont use revive or reanimate abilities but specialize in the art of melee combat and having unimaginable part of both HP and HP generation!
I must then say that i am rather confident about that the Death Knight should have abilities like the Death Coil and Death Pact ability
The Death Knight in Warcraft is also mentioned as the "Undead" Healing Knight because 3 of his abilities (Death Coil, Death Pact, Unholy Aura) can be used to heal damage. The Death Knight's Death Coil ability makes him useful for healing units and for attacking other Heroes for a reasonable amount of damage. His Unholy Aura ability makes him helpful in large groups of allied units!

But the ability to actually raise either Zombies or normal Skeletons was first discovered by the Liches, who passed the recipe of the spell on to the Necromancers at the Temple of the Damned! And then dropped all kind of Undead Warrior summoning and was granted by their master, Ner'zhul (Lich King), the powers of the elements of the cold North!

Then there is also the Ghouls which are twisted and mutated creatures of a regulary Zombie mostly used by Dreadlords, but also as minions or "travel companions" for the Death Knight

This Post is connected to Class Suggestions: Dread Knight & Death Knight
This Post is connected to Class Suggestions: Lich
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spell / Ability: Raise Skeleton   Spell / Ability: Raise Skeleton Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spell / Ability: Raise Skeleton
Page 1 of 1